At this time we are currently NOT accepting new orders for this drum.
The Carbondhran is the result of a spectacular collaboration.
While we were exhibiting at the international trade fair in 2014, we started chatting with the exhibitor next to us, a boat builder, who was presenting a carbon fiber part for a tidal power plant, which lead to the question whether the advantages of modern materials could also be used in bodhrán building.
We started working on the first prototypes with great motivation, and asked Stevie Moises to join us as our mold maker.
Our aim was to build a bodhrán frame with an optimum shape and optimum functionality, for which it would make sense to use such an expensive high-tech material. In other words, we wanted to design a bodhrán that would be impossible to build with common manufacturing processes and materials, and to break new ground in bodhrán building.
- 37x15cm size
- ChangeHED skin holding system
- compressor tuning frame
- REMO Skyntone drum skin (or different drum skin on request)
- The Carbondhran has a hand-friendly, elegant design, convex on the inside and concave on the outside, with a more pronounced layout than that of our concave wooden frames. In addition, the Carbondhran weighs less than a comparable wooden frame.
- At the open side of the drum, the thin carbon frame is bordered by a black- varnished, rounded wooden frame, providing the usual comfort to the player.
- delivered with a compressor tuning frame.
- We offer the Carbondhran with Remo Skyntone® synthetic skin as the standard variant. Other drum skins are, of course, available on request.
- This model is manufactured in small series and is therefore only available in one size and with two finish options: Carbon with visible fading to black on inside and outside, matte finish ($799) and Red Metallic Varnish on the outside and carbon on the inside with High Gloss Finish ($825)